This is a quick, general run-down of dos and don’ts for the apple bottom half. It’s useful if you’re out shopping, or browsing endless pages of stuff online.
Wear these kinds of pants or shorts:
Pants with back pockets will accentuate and give volume to your tushy = good.
- Boot cut, trouser cut, bell-bottom, or wide-legged pants
- Straight-legged and skinny jeans
- Any bottom with a medium rise
- If your legs aren’t too skinny, you can wear leggings. If they are, unfortunately leggings may do a disservice and over-emphasize the belly
- Bermuda shorts
- Bottoms with elastic waistbands can be more forgiving
Avoid these kinds of pants or shorts:
- Anything really busy in the front, with lots of zippers, sequens, or decorations. This will draw attention to your middle
- ANYTHING PLEATED
- Low-rise waistlines that accentuate and gather stomach fat.
No tight or pinching waistlines: this means no high rise pants.