Dresses that flatter big bellies
This list is quick guide for you to use when you’re out shopping, or shopping online, and wondering “hmmm..what were those dos and don’ts again??” If it’s on this list, there’s a good chance that it will look good on your apple shaped figure.
Wear these types of dresses (and wear them often)
- More boho
- Seriously: more boho
- Maxi boho
- Definitely own more than one wrap
- Dresses with loose-fitting empire waist
- Dresses with waist that falls just above yours and then flares out at belly-button line.
Avoid these types of dresses (like the friggin’ plague!):
- Avoid anything with a pattern over the belly that’s different from patterns on the top or bottom of the dress.
- Avoid anything completely fitted or pinching at the torso.
- Avoid any dress made of clingy or thin jersey fabric, regardless of cut, regardless of how cute it is and how cute it looks on the model.
- Tight Empire waists (unless you’re ready for “awww is this your first baby?” at 7-11, the bank, and Chipotle)
- Tight corseted bodice without a flared skirt
- No tight-waist belts, except for mini-apples.
You may click the images here, and do your own research for dresses in these styles that speak to you specifically. In future blog entries, I will go into EACH of these recommended styles in depth.
And check out my pinterest for MANY more suggestions for dresses that flatter big bellies, in a purely visual format!
Have any thoughts about dresses or what to favor or avoid? I welcome your feedback, drop a comment!